Shri Badrinath Ji Temple - Religious Shrine of Lord Vishnu
QR Code Link to This Post
Badrinath is a popular hindu holy town located in between Nar & Naryan mountain in the state of Uttarakhand. Badrinath town is famous for its Badrinath Shrine which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It is situated at a distance of 301 km from Rishikesh with an elevation of 3133 mts above the sea level. The Temple lies on the bank of left bank of Alaknanda River. According to the legend, the Badrinath temple was established by the Adi Shankracharya in 9th century. It is believed that in the River of Alaknanda an idol of black marble was found and the idol was in the meditation posture. Inside the temple the other 15 idols are also in black. It is believed that, Lord Vishnu was meditated here and his wife made a berry tree to protect him from cold and heat. Badrinath is an amazing destination surrounding by the snow capped and water bodies like Alaknanda and Rishi Ganga. Badrinath is a one of the biggest chardham and holds great faith among the tourists. Thousands of the devotees from all around the country took part in the Yatra and the other different parts of the world. The temple opens on the last week of April or the first week of May and closes after two days of diwali on the day of Bhai duj. Joshimath is the winter seat of Shri Badrinath ji. During the winters when the roads are blocked due to heavy snowfall then the palki of Shri Badrinath ji is transferred to Joshimath for the next six months. Badrinath shrine is one of the 108 Divya Desams which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. A Beautiful black marble are present inside the temple complex which is in the meditative posture and flanked by the Nar and Naryan. Alaknanda River increased the charm of the place and attracts the tourists. Apart from Badrinath temple you also visit Panch Prayag like –Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Vishnuprayag, Nandprayag and Karnprayag etc. Neelkanth Peak is one of another major attraction when it is covered by the snow capped peaks. Badrinath has chilly weather from all around the year so you don’t forget to carry heavy woolen clothes. Apart from Badrinath shrine you will also visit Mana Village, Tapt Kund, Charan Paduka, Neelkanth peak, Mata Murti Temple, Narad Kund, Bheem Pul, Ganesh cave, Brahma Kapla, Sheshnetra, Vyas cave, Panch Dhara, Vasundhara fall, Alkapuri Glacier, Saraswati River, Surya Kund etc. Summer starts from April to till June are best seasons for visit with the pleasant temperature around 18 degree and again November to February are the best for those who liked chilly weather. Good accommodations for stay at Badrinath are available here. Pandukeshwar, Satopanth lake, Ghangaria, Valley of Flower, Hemkund Sahib, Joshimath, Auli, Adi Badri etc are the other major attraction near the Badrinath. Simple and vegetarian foods are available here. Badrinath is well connected to motorable road with major destination of Uttarakhnad. Jolly Grand Airport is the nearest Airport and Rishikesh is the nearest Railway station. Taxis and Buses are easily available from Railway station or Airport to reach Badrinath.
There are some of Visiting place like-
• Mana Village is one of the major attraction of the place, it is the last village of India located in the Chamoli.
• Tapta Kund is a natural hot water spring located in between Badrinath Temple and Alaknanda River.
• Charan Paduka is a beautiful rock having a beautiful foot impression of Lord Vishnu.
• Mata Murti Temple is located at a distance of 3 km from Badrinath on the right bank of Alaknanda River which is dedicated to Mother of Lord Vishnu.
• Narad Kund is second another major attraction of the place.
• Ganesha Cave is a natural formed cave located near Vyas cave.
• Brahma Kapal is situated near the bank of Alaknanda River.
• Sheshnetra is a holy place, situated just few km from Badrinath.
• Vyas cave is an ancient cave.
• Panch Dhara is a group of five water stream which is originated at Badrinath.
• Yogadhyan Badri Temple is one of the sapta Badri which is located at Pandukeshwar.
• Auli is a popular hill station and one of the major attractions of Uttarakhnad which is well connected to Joshimath with highest cable car of India.
• Nanda Devi National park is one of the other attractions of the place which is situated in the higher range of Himalayan.
Plan your Badrinath Yatra with Uttarakhand Holidays Private Limited
If you are planning to visit Badrinath Yatra then travel with Established Tour Operator or Travel Agent who provides you best service during journey & can help you out during trip.
We at Uttarakhand Holidays providing you excellent services to our reputed client from last 15 years. We have a massive list of travelers who travel with every year. For more detail about Badrinath Yatra Booking contact to our 24X7 Customer Care at +91- show contact info
, show contact info